Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kiefer Sutherland on TCS: "I Would've Done This Play in Poughkeepsie or Scranton"

The cast of the upcoming revival of That Championship Season recently met the press at Sardi's in New York City to promote the play.

In a video posted by Broadway.com (which could not be embedded in the blog), at the 1:30 mark, Kiefer Sutherland states:

"As excited as I am to be doing something finally in New York on Broadway, I would've done this play in Poughkeepsie or Scranton, where it was originally done. The play is what's important, and it is a true American classic."

To view the video, click on the image above or click here.

www.broadway.com/shows/championship-season/video/153378/on-the-scene-meeting-the-stars-of-that-championship-season/

Also, on a side note, Alicia (aka kittybelle on Twitter) reminded me that "The greatest thing about that line is that we know Kiefer's actually been to Scranton and hung out for a little while."

And this also reminded me that Keifer Sutherland's band (it may have been
Billy Boy On Poison) actually played in-store at Gallery of Sound in Edwardsville, PA (across the river from Wilkes-Barre, PA) several years ago.

2 comments:

kate said...

I think you mean Poughkeepsie (as in Poughkeepsie, NY). Interesting to hear about the revival - thanks!

Reference Department, Albright Memorial Library said...

My spelling sucks; I'm correcting it now. Thanks, Kate :)