Thursday, March 26, 2009

All My Children (Tuesday, April 24th, 2009)

My colleague and all-around groovy gal Michele Phillips is a huge fan of the ABC soaps, particularly All My Children. So at lunch yesterday, she was ecstatic when she told me there was a reference to Scranton on Tuesday's episode (March 24, 2009).

On Tuesday's episode, characters Randi Morgan (Denise Vasi) and Frankie Hubbard (Cornelius Smith Jr.) asked a minister at the Pine Valley Justice of the Peace to marry them. The minister said he could not because they did not have a witness, who was visiting someone in Scranton. Then Frankie's parents Angie (Debbie Morgan) and Jesse (Darnell Williams) arrived and offered to be the witnesses.

Last year, the folks at All My Children published a novel by character Kendall Hart titled Charm! that featured numerous references to the city of Wilkes-Barre.

All My Children airs weekdays at 1 PM on ABC, and repeats of the soap air weeknights at 8 PM on SoapNet.

A big thanks to Michele Phillips, one of my all-time favorite people, for this reference.

No comments: